Gulbahar Hatun Mosque and Tomb. In Trabzon XVI. century mosque and tomb.
Today, the name of the mosque called Atapark until recently, the most important unit of the complex built by Gülbahar Hatun, the mother of Yavuz Sultan Selim. The other buildings of the complex disappeared, and today only the mosque and the tomb have been renovated. There is no inscription on the mosque, but according to the inscription of the tomb it is thought to have been made towards 911 (1505-1506).
There are five domes carried by six marble columns to the north of the mosque, and the last congregation covered by a wide canopy. The transition to the middle dome over the Mukarnasian crown is again provided by mu-kamas. On the two sides of the door there are one mihrabiya and two windows. The entrance to the mosque is entered through three doors from this front and the other door opens to the main site and the other two doors on the corners. All three gates have access roads at the front and the middle of the last communion site divided by the middle road is a high floor.
12 x 12 m. The main room is covered by a dome with a pendant on the outside. There are four windows in the dome of the harim illuminated by a window from the front and two from the sides. 4,50 x 5,45 m. The two lodges on the corners are covered with a dome and illuminated by a window opening to the sides. The marble mihrab of the mosque is crowned and decorated with ramies. During the restorations made in the 1970s, the complete decoration of the mosque, including the domes of the last congregation, was renovated and the edges of the altar were painted. The minbar with small friezes is again made of marble and it is unpretentious. The minaret, which is adjacent to the western wall of the mosque with eight corners, was built with a row of white, a row of red cut stones and built with a mausoleum. The fountain in the middle of the courtyard was completed on the existing ruins. The iron-meshed pool is covered with a tent-shaped tall cone of eight columns; The cone is covered with bullet as in the entire covering system of the mosque.
To the east of the mosque, the tomb is an octagonal prism with a dome; The dome is covered with lead and has a slightly pointed dome. There are windows on all façades except the north face of the tomb.
There are embossed medallions on the window arches decorated with colored stones and they are seen to be filled with rich ornaments. There is a construction inscription on top of the door opening to the southeast and also there are two mausoleums within the rîms.
The most important structures of the complex which do not reach today are the madrasah known as Sultaniye Madrasa. The madrasah, which was known to have been two-storeyed to the north of the mosque, was repaired in 1883 but was removed after 1927 as it became neglected.