The mansion, organized as Trabzon Museum, was built on Zeytinlik Street in 1900s (1898-1913) by Banker Kostaki Teophylaktos as a large programed housing.
The names of the architects of the mansion could not be identified. However, it is known that many of the materials used in the building, whose architects are Italian, were brought from Italy. When Kostaki Teophylaktos went bankrupt in 1917, the whole property was confiscated along with this structure and the mansion was bought by the Nemlioğlu family. The building, which was used as the headquarters building during the national struggle years, was arranged in 1924 for Atatürk's first visit to Trabzon. Atatürk and his wife Latife Hanım and their companions stayed in this mansion on September 15-17, 1924.